295 Self Storage - NOW OPEN
1325 Kenilworth Avenue, NE | Washington, DC 20019
Construction Began: May 2016
Opened for Business: September 2017
Managed by: CubeSmart
Total Units: 1,321 climate and non-climate controlled
Total Rentable Area: 89,785 square feet
Arcland's Third Solar-Powered Self Storage Development
- Three levels in main buidling and a separate, single-story building
- Exterior drive-up units in main building and single-story building
- Interior climate controlled units
- Covered unloading for interior and the main building's exterior access units
- Highly-visible street presence for the office and retail area
- Solar array is estimated to offset 100% of the facility's daily electricity usage
295 Self Storage is Arcland's first project within the District of Columbia. The infill site has superior visibility and direct access from the Anacostia Freeway which is the second largest entry/exit thoroughfare to the nation's capital and is used by over 120,000 vehicles daily.
In addition, the Site backs up against the Deanwood Metro Station which will continue to attract new, transit oriented/urban residential development to the immediate vicinity.
295 Self Storage is Arcland's third development to incorporate a roof-mounted solar array designed and installed by Baltimore based Suntrail Energy.
Commissioned in October of 2017, the 233.64 kW system is made up of 649 individual panels which will produce nearly 290,000 kWh of electricity annually.